February 6, 2019
The founder’s wedding story
With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, we decided to open up a bit and share our wedding story, and the story of our love. After all, without us coupling up, there would be no The Birth Poster.
Evelina, how did you and Gustav first meet?
– We met a late summer evening at a bar in Stockholm city, September 2011. Gustav was 28, and I was 24 years old.
Do you remember your first date and how it was after that?
– We skipped the whole dating part and went straight to seeing each other every day. After three months we moved in together to Gustav’s apartment. The thing is, that we grew up in the same suburb of Stockholm, went to the same schools, and even had mutual friends. As a result, when we fell in love it felt like we had known each other for a lifetime. I guess knowing each other’s backgrounds is what made us skip the whole dating part.
When Gustav proposed, did it come as a surprise?
– Before the engagement, we’d spent a few summer holidays in Sicily. We would always go back to the same vineyard and old monastery. One time, we said something like: this would be a perfect place to get married! And so, in 2014, we took a walk before dinner and went into an old chapel that’s connected to the hotel. Gustav had hidden the ring behind some curtains in there, and once we were inside he told me to look behind them. It was a big surprise and I did not expect it at all!
So you also decided to get married there?
– Yes, it was clear to us from the very beginning. We really wanted to show this magical place to our friends and family.
Did you take care of the wedding preparations yourself or did you hire a wedding planner?
– We had a translator who took care of all the paperwork. She also interpreted the ceremony, which was led by the mayor of the city. It was quite a small wedding, so hiring a wedding planner wasn’t necessary.
Gustav, how would you describe Evelina? You only get three words!
– Spontaneous. Kind. Beautiful.
Evelina, how would you describe Gustav? You also only get three words.
– Creative. Funny. Handsome.
How does it feel to run a business together?
– Certainly, and I assume many would agree, if you are already best friends, then running a business together has a lot of advantages. We know each other so well that we literally finish each other’s sentences and in 99% of cases we have the same opinion. It’s very efficient, definitely!
To celebrate love, and memorable moments in life, we have created a special keepsake called The Stars Above poster that will forever remind you of the very special moments in your life. The Stars Above is a unique and timeless artwork that shows the position of the stars in the sky from a specific location, at a specific moment in time.
Are you looking for the perfect Valentine’s day gift for your loved one? Or going to a wedding looking for a unique wedding gift? Have a look at our amazing The Stars Above posters.